2015年8月2日星期日

My laptop connecting to the network but not the internet!!

Accepted Solution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/My-laptop-connecting-to-the-network-but-not-the-internet/td-p/411133

My laptop does connect to the virgin media network but not the internet. My housemates that use the network can connect to the internet. I have tried various things but with no avail. I have also tried getting in contact with virgin about it but they cannot help. Is it my laptop and is there anything special i need to do with a hp laptop. please help! thanks!
Accepted Solution

Hi,

From the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Into the prompt type the following commands, hitting enter after each command.  Include spaces in the commands as shown.

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset

Type exit and hit enter.  Restart the PC and see if you can now connect.

Regards,

DP-K

View solution in context

Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties
Reset to Obtain an IP address automatically
Obtain DNS server address automatically

Then will back to Normal

Press ESC then F10 to enter bios setting



If Secure Boot is enabled in BIOS the laptop will not boot from anything other than hard drive.

Btw_I do Not recommend installing XP on this laptop. Drivers are non-existent. Windows 7 might be a more viable option.

没有评论:

发表评论