2018年2月21日星期三

chopping ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEOQuBa0fDc

Please watch the entire video before attempting! Please keep comments respectful. This is not a place to debate cropping and docking. People that do will be blocked. River helps us show how to properly post and remove posts from cropped ears. Posting is done once the stitches are removed to help the ears stand. You will need: Backer rod 3/8 in or 5/8 in, this can be bought from home improvement stores such as Lowe's or Home Depot Duct tape, colors can make it more "fun" in appearance Paper tape and water proof tape (Johnson & Johnson is best), can be bought from medical supply stores or grocery stores such as Walgreens, Rite Aid, or Walmart Rubbing alcohol Gauze (sterile pads are easiest) Baby oil Cotton balls
SHOW LESS

Marinegeekwife
+Leg Day Skipper The ears must be trained to stand upright after the surgery via one of the many posting methods. (The one in my video is just the one I found worked best for me and mine.) Ears must be posted constantly at least through teething (5 - 6 months old). Longer crops will require longer posting; some show crops require posting till the dog is over a year old. Posts are removed every 3 - 5 days or if they get wet. The ears are swabbed out with rubbing alcohol and allowed to dry, usually no longer than an hour. Posts are re-taped into the ears as soon as they are dry. Allowing the puppy to sleep on them risks crushing the ear and can lead to flopped crops, as can leaving them out of posts long enough that they start to droop or flop. As for IPO, be sure you find a club that is used to training Dobermans. Dobes do not think or react like any other breed and needs someone that understands the breed to successfully train them.
13
PrancingWildfire
Why do people think ear cropping is cruel? The dog doesn't appear to be in any pain at all.
20
Marinegeekwife
+Wadie56 You need to post both ears at least through teething, which usually begins around 5 months old and lasts till around 6 months old. The medium should stand pretty quickly after teething. Be sure to only leave ears out of posts for about an hour while they dry from being cleaned. Don't leave them down for longer, and certainly not allowed to sleep on them down, until they are ready to be down for good. The best way to tell is to have them down on a day you can watch the pup all day. At the first sign of flopping put them back up and post for another 2 weeks before trying again. You can post only one but some pups find that bothersome and will scratch at it more. If the bases stand fine, you can try the Breathe Rite strip method to support only the tips.
4
Ikutlesswitaskillet
Such a Beautiful Dobie oh my god!! :D Lovely crop btw, great video, my little buddy's gonna get cropped in two weeks, so this helped a lot, thank you
6
Emily Kovacs
Best doberman taping tutorial I have seen yet!
5
Rated15R
Hello, I hope you're still active. Where can you buy those foams? Are those from a hardware store? I've seen another video before I watched yours that used tampons as an alternative. Thanks in advance for a response. Your dobie is so beautiful. I'm getting a dobie pup next month :)
2
Kenneth Greenberg
Very helpful. Thank you. Of all the videos I watched this is the approach I trusted the most. The good thing about the foam is when you put it in the base of the ear it seems to bother them the least, even compared to gauze. PS: I have a Dane.
1
Wadie56
My Dobie is 15 wks. old and got his crop at 8 wks. he had a pet-medium cut the right ear stands good but after about two wks. the left ear started going a little Scoobydo on him. Is it alright to just tape one ear or should I tape both ?
1
LikeToStayFresh
Hi, Can you please tell me what type of crop your dog has? It is my favorite style. Thank you.
Bruno the European Doberman
im trying this tomorrow
Don't Pet Me I'm Working
She's so chill about it, and she seems to trust you so much! I love it. I'm getting a dobie boy soon and I'm going for a medium show crop, so this was very useful.
Mojean Steak
She is so gorgeous.
JOHNNY RAY
would never stick ANYTHING in any of my Dobies lower ear like that. there's other ways. good looking Dobie tho.
Vishnu Rockzz
So surgery is compulsory Fr cropping ears
Jennifer Hill
What is the foam that your using. I am not having an easy time doing this. This looks much easier
Eduardo Mendiola
do you cut the dogs ears or just tape them to make them stand up?
D PRINCE
what is the difference medium long show crop and medium show crop?
Hircine
Your dog looks so regal

没有评论:

发表评论